Adding a New River Email Account on an Android Device
**All devices are slightly different but this guide will give you the general flow and the information you need to complete adding your email account. This guide details setting up your New River email account using both the built in "Email" and "Outlook" applications.
Built in Email
1. Open the devices e-mail program
2.Go to settings then add account
2. Select Exchange
3. Enter your New River e-mail address and click "Manual setup"
4. Enter your password
* In the "Domain\username" box enter the following: newriver\"your newriver email address here"
* Then add "outlook.office365.com" in the server box then click next
* If you get a security settings prompt, click "Apply"
6. Then select the newly added email account and Select what you would like to sync between your phone and e-mail, such as phone contacts, calendars or tasks) you can select all of those or none, this is up to your preference.
Your e-mail should be set up and ready to use, it may take a few minutes to synchronize your inboxes.
- On your mobile device, go to the Google Play Store and install the Microsoft Outlook app.
- Open the app after it is installed.
- Tap Get Started.
- Enter your @newriver.edu email address and then tap Continue. NO PASSWORD IS REQUIRED AT THIS POINT.
- When prompted to choose an account type, tap Office 365.
- Enter your @newriver.edu email address and tap Sign In.
- when the portal login screen displays, enter your Newriver ID and password and tap Login.
- You have the option to add another account. Tap Maybe Later to proceed to your Office 365 email in Outlook.
- A few screens of help text are presented, which you can read or skip. Your Office 365 Inbox then displays.